Low-code platforms are software tools that allow users to create applications without writing much code. They provide a graphical user interface (GUI) that lets users drag and drop components, connect data sources, and configure logic and functionality. Low-code platforms can help developers save time and resources, as well as enable non-developers to create their own internal tools.
In this blog post, we will compare two popular low-code platforms: Retool and ILLA Cloud. We will look at their features, pros and cons, pricing, and user feedback. We will also introduce you to ILLA Cloud, a new low-code platform that offers a viable alternative to Retool.
What is Retool?
Retool is a low-code platform that allows developers to build internal tools quickly. It boasts a wide range of pre-built components, integrations with various data sources, and customization options to meet specific requirements.
Some of the features of Retool include:
- Extensive Component Library: Retool offers a rich set of pre-built components, including tables, forms, charts, maps, buttons, and more. Users can drag and drop these components onto a canvas and adjust their properties and layout.
- Security and Compliance: Retool offers features such as audit logs, single sign-on (SSO), role-based access control (RBAC), encryption at rest and in transit, and compliance with GDPR, HIPAA, SOC 2, and more.Some of the use cases of Retool include:
- Data Entry: Users can create forms and tables to collect and update data from various sources.
- Data Visualization: Users can create dashboards and reports to display and analyze data using charts, graphs, maps, etc.
- Workflow Automation: Users can create workflows to automate tasks such as sending emails, generating invoices, updating records, etc.
- Customer Support: Users can create tools to manage customer requests, tickets, feedback, etc.
What is ILLA Cloud?
ILLA Cloud is a new low-code platform that aims to provide an open-source alternative to Retool. It is designed for developers to accelerate the development of internal tools. It offers features such as SQL Generate, integration with various data sources, real-time collaboration, and a fully responsive UI library.
Some of the features of ILLA Cloud include:
- Open-Source: ILLA Cloud is an open-source project that allows developers to access, modify, and contribute to the source code. This enables developers to customize the platform according to their needs and preferences.
- SQL Generate: This feature allows developers to input natural language and receive SQL statements that can be executed directly on databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Supabase, MongoDB, Redis, etc. This simplifies the process of querying data and reduces the risk of errors.
- Real-Time Collaboration: ILLA Cloud facilitates simultaneous work among developers using its online builder. Developers can share links, co-edit, and communicate in real-time using chat and video calls. This improves development efficiency and teamwork.
- Responsive UI Library: ILLA Cloud provides dozens of components that can be used to create internal tools by dragging and dropping them onto a canvas. The components are fully responsive and adapt to different screen sizes and devices.
Some of the use cases of ILLA Cloud include:
- CRUD Applications: Users can create applications that perform create-read-update-delete (CRUD) operations on data from various sources.
- Admin Panels: Users can create admin panels that allow them to manage users, roles, permissions, settings, etc.
- Database Management: Users can create tools that allow them to view, edit, query, backup, and restore, etc. their databases.
- Internal Tools: Users can create any kind of internal tool that they need for their business or organization.
How do Retool and ILLA Cloud Compare?
The main differences between Retool and ILLA Cloud lie in their open-source nature, real-time collaboration features, component library, integrations, and pricing models.
Here is a table that summarizes the main differences between Retool and ILLA Cloud:
|Component Library||Dozens of components||Dozens of components|
|Integrations||Various data sources||Various data sources|
|Pricing||Starts from $10/user/month||Free for up to 5 users|
Which Low-Code Platform Should You Choose?
Choosing between Retool and ILLA Cloud depends on your specific requirements, budget, and development expertise. Here are some factors to consider when making your decision:
- If you value open-source software and want to contribute to the community, you might prefer ILLA Cloud over Retool.
- If you work in a team and need to collaborate with other developers in real time, you might find ILLA Cloud more convenient than Retool.
- If you have a limited budget and want to save costs, you might choose ILLA Cloud’s free plan over Retool’s paid plans.
Ultimately, the best way to find out which low-code platform suits your needs is to try them out for yourself. Retool and ILLA Cloud offer free plans allowing you to build unlimited apps and test their features. You can also request a demo or contact their support teams for more information.
Retool and ILLA Cloud are two popular low-code platforms that enable developers to build internal tools quickly and easily. They both offer features such as drag-and-drop components, data source integrations, and customization options. However, they also have some differences in terms of their open-source nature, real-time collaboration features, component library, integrations, and pricing models.
Choosing between Retool and ILLA Cloud depends on your specific requirements, budget, and development expertise. You should consider the pros and cons of each platform and try them out for yourself before making a final decision.
We hope this blog post has helped you understand the differences between Retool and ILLA Cloud and how to choose the best low-code platform for your needs. If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to leave a comment below or contact us in our Discord Community.
Join our Discord Community: discord.com/invite/illacloud
Try ILLA Cloud for free: cloud.illacloud.com
ILLA Home Page: illacloud.com
GitHub page: github.com/illacloud/illa-builder